Monday, September 24, 2007

excuse me?...did you really just ask me that?

Last week the family headed to the Farmer's Market for a nice dinner outside to listen to music and enjoy the nice weather we WERE having. We, of course, got lots of stares and questions about the twins and even met a couple with twin girls who were the same age as the boys (she also shared with me that she was 13 weeks pregnant with their 3rd-YIKES!) Anyhoo.....we were eating our dinner of crepes (me), quesadillas (Harrison), and b-b-q (Dan), when a pleasant woman sat down at our table and proceeded to ask lots of questions. Then she got to the dreaded one....did you go through fertility treatments to have them? Now most of my friends know that I am very open about my whole fertility process in hopes of helping someone else who might be going through it...but a complete stranger, not so much. It's amazing how many complete strangers ask me this. It's really not an appropriate question to ask someone you don't know. I always reply with..."twins run in my family". My mom has two sets on her side. I surely wouldn't ask someone with one child how they conceived their children....

2 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

That's funny you should say that. I was telling someone about how I met a mom at my pool who had three kids, decided to try for one more and had TRIPLETS! Anyway, they asked me if she had fertility treatments for the triplets. It never even crossed my mind to ask that, especially since I had met her 5 minutes prior to finding out.

Amy said...

Wow...a little forward, and nosy, don't ya think?!?