Thursday, September 6, 2007

a day in the life...

Why is it, when I'm going to have a gathering at my house I try so hard to keep my house clean, SOMETHING ends up happening? 3 things happened today that required major clean-up.

1. I was making a batch of formula for the twins and when I went to shake the container, formula went everywhere-I guess it would help if I put the top on!

2. My 3 year old decides he wants to stand up to pee-pee on the potty and gets pee everywhere because of a bad aim....geez, these men and their aims!

3. Last but not least, as I was enjoying my hot cup of coffee this morning, I missed my mouth and spilt it all over my shirt and the floor. Yes, I missed my mouth!

If you've read my 100 things post you know that I.am.clumsy!

So, the house is now clean and there are no signs of formula, pee or coffee on the floor. The food is mostly made, sangria is chilling in the fridge, laundry is folded and all boys are napping! Hopefully, nothing else will happen before the ladies come over for bunco tonight!

Addendum: Well, as I was getting drinks out of the fridge that we have in our garage, I dropped a 6 pack of perrier and glass went everywhere (in the garage). This happened right before people started arriving. I honestly didn't want to hold anything else the rest of the night! Just one of those days...

3 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

I do that all the time with my coffee...I call it my "other" drinking problem.

And if it makes you feel any better, E sometimes pees out of the potty and she's a girl. She leans back so she can "see the pee-pees" and it shoots out the front. Good times, this potty training!

Deep in the Heart said...

Really not looking forward to training Jake. But since he's in the middle of a serious no-potty phase, looks like it will be a while.

Amy said...

WOW! What a day :) I am sure things straightened themselves out...Have fun at Drunko-Bunko!