Friday, December 21, 2007

What to get a 13 year old girl?


So tomorrow night Dan and I are getting all dolled-up and heading to a Bat Mitzvah reception at the S.C. Aquarium downtown. It should be quite the soiree'-the theme is Hollywood and there's going to be a "pink" carpet. How cute is that? Now, I've never been to a Bat Mitzvah reception before, so I'm very excited...and as a mom of 3 little boys, I have NO IDEA what to get a 13 year old girl as a gift, any suggestions? Please help!

I'm also excited because I am able to wear a "vintage" (umm, 10 year old dress, does it count as vintage?) Ann Taylor Christmas Red silk strapless dress, size 2!!! dress that I wore before I birthed any babies...now, don't get me wrong my Spanx power panty will be going under that bad boy...but I'm SO EXCITED nonetheless. I've been working my booty off this month, so I'm glad to see that it fits. However, some neighbors asked us to go out for Mexican tonight, and I have such a weakness for it, that I may wear the black J Crew velvet and taffeta strapless dress I wore to Dan's office party-you know the one that makes me look pregnant. We'll see. So of course, today I'm grateful that the red dress fits, we'll just see if it fits tomorrow!

1 comment:

Deep in the Heart said...

I've been thinking, but am still at a loss. We got our babysitter a gift certificate to Old Navy - boring, I know. I remember when I was thirteen I went to a friend's bar mitzvah and got him a holographic Star of David. He loved it, but again, probably not what you were looking for.