Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Loyal Dog

Bailey's 1st Christmas


Today I am grateful for my sweet loyal dog Bailey! She is such a sweet girl and actually helps me clean the house sometimes. She is loving the fact that we now have two babies that drop cheerios on the floor for her to eat...I mean clean up. She is 7 years old now and I may be biased but I think she's the sweetest Golden Retriever I've ever met. She was the runt of 11 puppies and I instantly fell in love with her the first time I saw her when she was 6 weeks old. She is so great with the kids. There isn't a mean bone in her body. Last year, right before the twins were born we found out that she had bone cancer and actually thought we were going to lose her. It seems as though they caught it in time and were able to remove all of the cancerous tissue, which meant removing 5 teeth and part of her upper jaw. It's funny when we first got her I don't think Dan and I ever thought we'd spend several thousand dollars if something happened to her, but the fact that it was treatable-we both felt we had to. And now almost a year later, she seems to be thriving and full of energy. I never knew I could love an animal so much, but she almost seems like a person to me. I love you Bailey-girl and I am so grateful that you are part of our family!

1 comment:

Deep in the Heart said...

I miss that sweet little nose popping through the cat door.

We had to do a radioactive thyroid treatment on Cali this summer and she is good to go as well. Even though a cat is no where near a dog, still felt she was part of the family and I couldn't leave her to suffer. She was my first baby.