Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Things are a changin' around here....


We have a very picky eater in the Magnolia household....he's 3 years old and his name is Harrison. I had heard of Jerry Seinfeld's wife Jessica's new book Deceptively Delicious before she was on Oprah yesterday and thought it was a marvelous idea. Our son is told everyday of his life to eat his vegetables, but he doesn't. He is extremely picky and it is driving me nuts. I LOVE the idea of hiding vegetables in brownies, cakes, chicken nuggets, EGGS, etc and I will definitely be trying this and still offering a side of vegetables. Tonight my son doesn't know it but his mac and cheese will be mixed with a serving of the twins butternut squash...(I don't think he will even notice the difference). I think Harrison's issues are all about the texture of foods...he's pretty picky about the texture of things...always has been. The book is on it's way to the magnolia household and I can't wait for the whole family to try these recipes since they are mostly low fat-I mean who can resist a "doughnut" made out of sweet pototoes? Sign me up-I'm ready to be deceptive! Anything to get a vegetable into my son's mouth!

3 comments:

Swampcat said...

Hey Mrs Whateverurcomputernameis, Will youe tell us some stories of when you were a little girl growning up in the South Carolina Low Country at the end of street that your whole strange family lived on. If you don't I will! I think I also have some pictures.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

what the heck is swampcat talking about?

and i think veggies in brownies is what they serve you in Hell. I'll let you know when I get there...

Steel Magnolia said...

Don't worry, it's not a stalker, just my cousin...he has always talked a big game!