Tuesday, October 16, 2007

FALL...where are you?


OK, so my house smells like pumpkin pie-thanks to my Yankee candle, my english muffin is spread with pumpkin butter, and I did a pumpkin mask on my face last night (it was an Oprah fave a couple of years ago)...but what I'm wondering is, "Where is fall?". It's so HOT outside! The mornings start out cool (think 50's, but by the afternoon it's in the 80's). Today my sister and her little boy came over to go to the Boone Hall Farms pumpkin patch with us. I had ideas of taking great pictures of the boys in front of haystacks and pumpkins...well, it was 100,000 degrees out and everyone was HOT! So, we stayed for a little bit and left to go eat lunch. All 4 boys were well-behaved considering they are all 3 and under. I think we were rather brave to take them, but you have to get out right? Hopefully, this heat wave will end and fall will arrive...until then I wish I was here...

5 comments:

Deep in the Heart said...

I'm there with you!! We're hoping for cooler weather this weekend for our trip to the Pumpkin Patch. At least we don't have to worry about the kids' coats covering up their Halloween costumes for trick-or-treating.

Slacker Mama said...

For a second, I read that as Boone's Hill Farm and I thought there was an actual vineyard for the wine of my college days.

It's starting to get cooler here. I actually just put away shorts and some sundresses for the girls tonight. But it still seems pretty darn for almost the end of October.

Amy said...

At least I know I am not missing cool weather!!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

You *are* living in Charleston...

It is warm even in Ohio though. Like Slacker Mama, I just put R's short away this weekend and I kept one pair out because it isn't that cool yet. High 70s here today, already in the 60s when I took him to school this AM.

Big R and I have a bet as to whether we will see snow flakes in October. I said no way, and we are betting a night out at our favorite wine bar/bistro. So keep up the warm weather!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

completely agree with Slacker Mom, I thought it said Boone's Farm too! Great photo though!