Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday....in the park

We had such a wonderful Saturday! First of all, the rain last night really cooled things off. It wasn't unbearably hot this morning. After Daddy and I finished our morning coffee (can't possibly live without it) and the paper, we took showers and took the family downtown to the Children's Museum. Harrison had a great time exploring with daddy, while I gave the twins their bottles. I met a neat mom and dad with twin girls who were about 2. They were telling me how fun having twins was. Little did they know that we also have an almost 3 year old. They kept telling me that it "will get easier". :)

After the museum, we decided to walk down to Marion Square to the farmer's market to grab a bite to eat. The vendors were out selling their produce and there were food stands selling made to order crepes and omelettes, fish tacos, and shrimp and grits. I didn't need to look any further after seeing that I could get a huge bowl of homemade shrimp and grits for $5. It was so big that I could only eat half (Daddy finished the rest, along with his pulled pork b-b-que sandwich). We sat at a table along King Street, so it was great people watching as well. The twins got lots of attention, as they always love. They are already such little flirts. We even ran into one of daddy's co-workers down there. Small world!

After lunch, it was back home for naps (mommy and daddy too)! What a great Saturday it was!

No comments: