Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday 5-Five Things I LOVE right now

Besides my family, here are the five "things" I love right now. It's a pretty random list. Have a great weekend everyone!


1. Edy's Tangerine Bars-they're so refreshing during the hot summer days.

2. Nikon D40 camera -I'm loving my new camera. Takes great shots and is really a good value for a digital SLR.



3. Chavrie Goat Cheese -loving it! I've been eating this on a french baguette with tomatoes and olive oil for lunch everyday this week.

4. My Longchamp Pliages bag -I've had it for a while but just started using it again recently. It makes a great bag for lugging all of the baby things-plus it's stylish too. It's so light I hardly feel like I'm carrying anything in it. Mine is khaki green.





5. Barefoot Contessa's Guacamole -so fresh and yummy! I could live on this stuff.


4 ripe Haas avocados

3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)

8 dashes hot pepper sauce

1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)

1 large garlic clove, minced

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced

Cut the avocados in 1/2, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. (I use my hands.) Immediately add the lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.

1 comment:

Slacker Mama said...

I *love* my Longchamp bag. But, it's just the boring black one. I might have to get myself a new one in a fun color...maybe the polka dots...so cute!