Monday, January 21, 2008

What would you do?

Watched this on Friday night. Such a good movie-great love story and a message that is still with me! It's about this couple who meet and both have terminal cancer and don't know about the other until later in the relationship...it really made me think about living my life in the moment and as if I didn't know when my last day on earth would be....What would you do? I cried my eyeballs out! I love movies that I still think about days later.

We had a great weekend. Despite the all-day rain, we loaded up the boys and went to Five Loaves for lunch. YUM! They have the best soups, salads and sandwiches. The boys got lots of stares and comments and definitely loved flirting with everyone. Afterwards, we stopped at a mattress place. We are in the market for this mattress. Anyone have one? Any comments or complaints? We also went to Lowe's and picked up some paint for the powder room, which Dan painted later that afternoon. Go Dan! Now we have the kitchen, family room, office, powder room, our room and half of the dining room done-thanks to Dan! My job is to keep the boys happy while he paints. It rained literally all day on Saturday so I made a black bean and chicken soup in the crockpot which hit the spot on a cold and rainy day. Dan caught up on Wii Saturday night while I read my US Weekly. Sometimes I love nights like this...

Sunday, I went for a 4 mile run and then we loaded up the boys and went to the Aquarium. It was packed. I think everyone had cabin fever! Afterwards, Dan went home and I did grocery shopping here. I love buying our groceries from here and I'm finding out that milk is cheaper than Publix or Wal Mart as well as other things. Who knew? I am also loving the Brown Rice Avocado rolls in the sushi area and also picked up an organic fig spread that I will put on grilled cheese-yum. It's the little things that make me happy!

Today, is not as upbeat. Brady has some kind of stomach bug. He's been through 5 outfits and I've been through 3 because he's been vomiting all morning. He acts like he feels fine, just can't keep anything down. Poor baby! As usual, lots of laundry being done.

I did manage to make a homemade almond and cream cheese pound cake while the twins took their morning nap this morning. Harrison loved helping me with it! The house smells like a bakery. Hard to believe a few simple ingredients...butter, sugar, eggs, flour, cream cheese and almond extract can produce such a divine pound cake. I'm making it for a family that just moved in down the street. I will definitely have to make another one for us!

5 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Please share your recipe for the black bean and chicken soup! Yum!!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

It sounds like even though the weather was crummy, you had a good weekend. So sorry one of yours is sick. I hope it is just a 24 hr. thing. Pound cake...yum...great cold weather comfort food and great home fragrance!

Amy said...

Hope that B is feeling better. It was way too cold for my blood this weekend...Hope to see you soon!

Slacker Mama said...

Hope Brady feels better!

And am I the only person who blindly puts things in the grocery cart without any concept of how much it costs -- let alone comparison between other stores!?!? I suck at grocery shopping!

marathon mom said...

We have a Tempurpedic and LOVE it! I was the best money we have spent. It took about a week to get used to for me, but I will never buy another type of mattress again. It is by far on of my favorite things- I never get sore while sleeping- while we were in Disney my hips hurt from running and that kept me up, but mine never get sore on this mattress b/c of how it molds to you. I hope you all get one- it is so worth it!