Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Brand New Year!

First of all, I must tell you, I just had the BEST lunch...in my own home. I put a bed of arugula on a plate, then fresh sliced mozzarella, grape tomatoes, homemade croutons (yes, I made my own!), drizzled olive oil and balsamic vinegar and freshly ground pepper. I felt like I was in my own little bistro. It may be 30ish degrees out (with a windchill of 16) but I feel like I'm in Italy-a million miles away! The meal itself put me in a good mood...

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. I just love this time of the year....a fresh start! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I know we did. I ended up surprising Dan with a Wii-he was really surprised and I was surprised that I actually found one without having to wait in long lines-just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I'm telling you it is worth the hype-it is really fun, especially the tennis game. You actually feel like you are playing.

I enjoyed my holidays so much, I think it truly was one of the best ever. It was so much fun watching through the children's eyes.

As far as my New Year's resolution, I really only have 1-to run a half marathon this year. Fortunately it's not until December, so I have 11 months to train. Then next year, it will be to run a marathon. I've met so many people who have run marathons lately, I feel like it is something I can definitely do.

We spent the last day of 2007 on the beach. Since we only live 15 minutes away from the beach and it was a warm day, we took the twins in the wagon and Harrison chased birds and looked for shells. It really was a great day to send off 2007. We had some friends over New Years Eve for cheese and chocolate fondue and champagne and watched our Tigers lose to the Auburn Tigers. 2007 will be hard to top, but I think 2008 will be even better. As a matter of fact, Dan came home yesterday and informed me that our mortgage payment will be dropping $200 because of our much lower tax bill. That was very good news!

I can't believe the twins will be turning 1 next month. Where has the time gone? I sure am a lot busier with them now that they are into EVERYTHING. It keeps me busy. I felt it yesterday when Dan went back to work after being off for 10 days -being a stay at home mom is just as hard of a job as any!

Just looking forward to getting back into my routine. Funny how much of a creature of habit I am. Tonight is Bunco, so should be fun to see the ladies of the neighborhood.

4 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

What a great holiday you had! I can't believe it is as cold there as it is here. Well, sort of...it is about 20 here. Ugh.

Happy New Year!

Slacker Mama said...

Welcome back! Glad your holidays were happy! Both E and A had a great Christmas morning...I can't wait until next year when they both will "get" it.

Good luck on the 1/2 marathon! I wish I could say I'd join you in that venture but I *hate* running!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

I eat that very same salad darn near everyday! If you've got a Fresh Market near you (I can't remember seeing one in Charleston), they make a delicious Rosemary Lemon Rotisserie chicken. I shred that on top, too. Yum!!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Glad you're back, sounds like a great week so far!