Thursday, October 9, 2008

Life...

Once again, where did the week go? Dan and I had a wonderful evening last week for our anniversary dinner! It was just so nice to be out all dressed up and feel like a grown-up again.

Friday we had a 'neighborhood block party'! It was so much fun, but A LOT of work. Now that the twins are both walking, they are in two different directions. Dan and I were busy chasing after them and talked and socialized when we could. After being there for a little while, we made our way back home where we met our good friends from North Carolina that were visiting us for the weekend.

It was so good to see Jason, Salley and the boys! Her boys are 3 and 5 and got along with Harrison very well. They played the entire weekend. It was just great to catch up with them too! Salley and I have been friends for years and whenever we get together, it's like we never left. I love that about our friendship.

Saturday morning I was hating that I had to run 13 miles, but once I got into it...it went by fast-all 2 hours and 53 seconds of it. A little slower than last week, but hey, not too bad considering I ran it solo this time! I even treated myself to not one, but two Dunkin Donuts when I got back.

I had to work the Fall Bazaar at Harrison's school, but not before we squeezed in lunch over at Red's on Shem Creek. Later that evening I did a photo shoot of Jason and Salley and the boys over at the beach and can't wait for them to see the finished product. I thought they turned out well.

Before I knew it, it was Sunday and I had two shoots at the beach-one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. Where else can you be barefoot, at the beach and make a little money too? I have to say...I am loving it!

All in all, last weekend was busy, but fun! I've spent the last couple of days editing photos and hanging with the boys! Not too shabby....

5 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

Glad to hear you are doing well! I miss my SM updates!

I was cracking up on your description of the block party...I know that oh-too-well with each of mine. But at least it was one at a time!

Deep in the Heart said...

Can't imagine running after two at the same time! You must have been exhausted.

The Brockwell Family said...

So what are Salley & Jason up to these days? Y'all going to any Clemson games this year? Things could get intersting in light of recent events...

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just became a blogger myself and love your blog. I hope it is ok to add it to my list of faves! I wanted to know where you got the running mom button on your blog? I also love your photography site! Next time I travel to Charleston, I will definitely have to book a photo shoot!! Thanks! Oh, by the way..if you are looking for a new blog to check out, mine is kerriganboys.blogspot.com.

Live.Love.Eat said...

That is SO cool you have block parties. I wish my neighborhood was like that and more social. Glad to hear you had a great anniversary dinner!!!!