Friday, June 27, 2008

Seriously, Y'ALL have to try this stuff...

Ummm, yep-that's what you think it is...Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and it's made right here in Charleston. This stuff is absolutely the best liquor I've ever had. If you ask for it with water and a splash of lemon (and on the rocks), it tastes just like a glass of sweet tea. Not too sweet though and you can't taste ANY alcohol-NONE, zip, zilcho- so they are dangerous. Sip slowly!! Last night we had MOM's night out and a few of us ordered one and I think I quite possibly have my favorite cocktail now. Unfortunately right now they are only sold in 6 or so states and they are literally flying off the shelves in S.C., but hopefully they can keep up with demand so everyone can sample this stuff. Makes me proud to be southern I tell ya, I tell ya.

We are off to my cousin's wedding tomorrow night. It should be a blast. I feel like it's going to be like a reunion. So many people I haven't seen in a LONG time (since high school) are going to be there and then Dan and I are off to Vegas on Sunday. Can't wait to share details about our trip! I'll be back online next Thursday-have a great weekend!

10 comments:

kolls said...

OH. MUH GAW. They apparently distribute this stuff in NYC. I know what I'll be purchasing this weekend!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

OMG...Can I stockpile it now for when I can finally have a drink again????? Sweet tea is my most favorite drink. EVER.

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

I've had the link for the firefly vodka website saved in my favorites for months. It is on my MUST BUY list for my next trip to Charleston! I'm glad I've got a review on it now! Can't wait to try it! I wish they shipped!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow....I am not usually into too many liquors but this one sounds so good I plan to call the Tampa distributor. Other than the way you suggested, what else do you suggest. Straight up on the rocks? Have a great vaca!

Melissa W. said...

We had a party last weekend & the boyz (our hubbies) passed this tea around. They loved it, of course it is pretty strong stuff ;) I had one swig and felt like I had two glasses of wine. Good stuff!
Melissa
mottiemel@aol.com

Steph said...

I have a friend whose daughter is getting married next month and they are using this as their signature drink at the reception! I LOVE it!

Surf Girl said...

Oh - I'm so jealous, we don't get it here yet. You better believe I'll be stocking up when we're at IOP in August. It sounds like the perfect cocktail!!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

email me at clemsongirlandthecoach@yahoo.com

We've started a KAO website to catch up. It's private!

Betsey said...

Hi-- am loving your blog-- esp. the running. Had our 2nd (and prob. final) child 3 mos. ago & am trying to get into working out again. Thanks for the inspiration! I read that you might be going private-- I can't find your email anywhere so that I can give you mine...
Thanks!
Betsey

sugar said...

oo! got to try this. thanks