Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bottle it up...

The past couple of days I've heard some not so good news about people I know. A dear friend from high school, Drew, has been diagnosed with a brain tumor and is having surgery tomorrow. Drew is an old friend and a really neat guy. He is on the sports team for WIS-TV in Columbia and is married and has 21 month old son. Please click on his name to read the story about him. Drew, we will all be praying for you and your family tomorrow and wish you a speedy recovery.

On a sad note, the assistant principal at the school I used to teach at in Northern VA just lost his son to cancer today. He was only 8 years old and has lost his 2 year battle to cancer. I can only imagine the pain and sadness his family is going through right now. I remember just 4 years ago when I was teaching his two boys, then 6 and 4 at the time, were just little boys running all around and having a great time. His youngest son, Parker, was the almost the same age that Harrison is now. I am just devastated for his family. You can read about his story here.

Hearing news like this makes me want to squeeze my family a little tighter. I know that they wear me out and I am tired at the end of the day, but I love them so much. I just want to bottle my love and their youth up and save it forever and ever....

Please pray for both of these families.

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

I was so sad to read about Parker, I cannot imagine going through that as a parent. I hope that when I run the Brain Tumor Race again next year- that we can count Drew as one of the survivors who makes a full recovery! I will keep both families in my thoughts. You are so right about bottling up the feeling my kids give me, I know it is forever changing, and I wish there was a way to replicate each and every moment, they are all so special.

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Consider prayers sent up!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I am SO sorry to hear about these people you know. It truly saddens me and it seems more and more I am hearing of tragedies. That's all you can do, pray for those, and be extremely thankful for all the moments in the day!