Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's happening...

Today I took Harrison for his second dentist appt. The first one was 6 months ago, and though he did fine, he was nervous the entire time. Who wouldn't be? I guess I didn't know what to expect the second time. Would he be scared? would he cry? When I told him we were going, he responded, "Ooohh, I get to play with the train table there." That's really all he remembered. When they called us back he went willingly and never looked back. He was a big boy! He layed there like it was nothing, opened his mouth when they told him too, said "AAHH" when they told him too. I was so impressed! He even got a t-shirt for not having any cavities for 2 consecutive visits. All day he keeps telling everyone to look at his "sparkly" teeth. It's happening...like it or not....my baby is growing up!!!

4 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

How cute! And congrats on the sparkly, cavity-free teeth!

I wish I got a t-shirt...oh yeah...I had a cavity last time!

The Mrs. said...

When are you supposed to take them for the first time?

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

Aww :)

Deep in the Heart said...

What a relief that the dentist is not a scary place for them. I love pediatric dentists - you have to be a special breed to make these little guys comfortable in such a vulnerable situation. Congrats on no cavities!