Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Recap and Grateful Challenge

Today begins my "30 days of Gratefulness"....First of all, Thanksgiving was wonderful, of course I ate way too much and my sweet Harrison hardly ate anything...except for a piece of pumpkin cheesecake. The picky eater is even pickier these days...I'm about to pull my hair out. Go figure that he loves dill havarti cheese. Found that out yesterday...maybe he's got a sophisticated palate.

The race was great! There were over 4,000 runners. It was a cool and crisp morning and a very spirited crowd. Finished my best time ever, just over 26 minutes. Not stellar, but my best time for a 5K. Had to rush home afterwards, shower and make it to my sister's for the Thanksgiving feast.

We watched the big game, Clemson vs. Carolina, on Saturday night and I made the Spaghetti Bolognese from the Williams-Sonoma catalog. It was pretty good-my niece had 2 helpings, my picky eater ate none....It was definitely a nail-biter of a game, but thank goodness we pulled it through and got the bragging rights back yet AGAIN!

So, here's to Day 1 of my Grateful Challenge...Of course I am so very grateful for my beautiful family. I honestly never could have dreamed that I would be a mother of 3 little adorable boys. My cup is overflowing with blessings. I am so grateful that I have 3 healthy children and an amazing, supportive husband.

No comments: