Sunday, January 11, 2009

Where have I been???

11 days into the New Year with no post...I know, I know. But I have to say...we have been all recovering from colds here in the magnolia household. Harrison and Dan were hit the hardest. Harrison got his first EVER ear infection at 4 years old. I could hardly believe it!! Anyway, things have been great besides the colds...

Resolutions? How do I top 2008's resolution of running a marathon? I don't know...but I am going to start doing at least one a year. I have my eye on either the Disney (Goofy Challenge, Jen? I'm up for it if you are) or the Charleston Marathon, which may or may not happen. However, these are both in Jan 2010, so technically not this year....So I came up with a list of things that I'd like to do or change for this upcoming year...

1. Lose the remaining 5 lbs and be at my wedding weight...I would love to accomplish this!!
2. Be in the moment with my children...they are growing up way too fast. The twins will be two next month. What happened to my babies?
3. Continue to grow the photography business
4. Continue to eat healthy...leafy greens, whole grains, fruits, veggies
5. Try a detox cleanse..thinking about the Blueprint Cleanse
6. Work on getting rid of all the hormonal havoc that happened to my skin. I'm working with someone and am obsessed with Dermologica products. Trying to conceive, while good for having babies, not good for my skin. (i.e. mask of pregnancy is still on my forehead...)
7. Continue to run 4/5 days a week and strength training 2 days a week.
8. Have fun! Be positive!
9. More date nights with Dan....went to S.N.O.B. downtown the other night and then drinks at Cypress...WONDERFUL!!
10. Surround myself with good friends and family!!

Looking forward to 2009...I promise to post some Christmas pics soon!

6 comments:

marathon mom said...

I am up for Goofy if you really want to do it!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Sorry you have all been sick...it was like an infirmary around here during the NY.

Slacker Mama said...

5 pounds?!?!?! You'd waste away to nothing!

Hope you guys are feeling better and that your 2009 is fantastic!

Susan said...

Hubs and I are thinking of doing the Disney next year, too! He's done it once before and we've done the half down there twice! It's loads of fun and it's great to stay for the next few days.... it's not crowded at all starting the day after the race!

Deep in the Heart said...

The Houston marathon is this weekend. I know it's not as fun as Disney, but you could get free housing - and good company.

The Mrs. said...

Welcome back! Hope everyone feels better soon!