Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 was a good one...

As I reflect on the last day of 2008 I realize what a wonderful year it has been. Dan and I both achieved our resolutions for 2008 by (me) running my first marathon and (Dan) getting a new job. On top of that I managed to start a photography business with my friend Blakely. I lost all and more of my baby weight and am now in the best shape I've ever been in. I feel great about where I am in my life and I have a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful little boys to boot. The best decision we ever made was moving to Charleston, SC. Seriously it doesn't get any better to live on the edge of the map. I think the salt air has done wonders for me emotionally, physically and spiritually!



Tonight we are celebrating the New Year at my friend M's house. We're bringing the kids with us and putting them down to sleep there and then celebrating a little more. I love fondue on New Year's Eve, but what I love more is Champagne. It's really my favorite libation. Can't wait to indulge in a little tonight!!! It should be fun! There are going to be 5 couples celebrating and all of their kids as well. Hopefully the kids will crash from the excitement.



We may bring our Rock Band Wii game over there....it is awesome! I love the singing vocals. So much fun...that's what Dan got from me for Christmas. He got me a great gift as well. I have officially joined the 21st century and am now mobile...with the Photography business I felt as though I needed to have access to emails while on the road. Since I spend so much time in the minivan in the carpool lane, this is what he gave me.....The Blackberry Storm I love it, but now I know why they call the Blackberry a "crackberry"...it's almost as addictive as Facebook!






Happy New Year...may 2009 bring health, happiness and prosperity!!!

3 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

Happy New Year to you!

I'm pretty sure I'm the lone holdout for getting a Blackberry at this point. Though, John's addicted to his enough for the both of us...

Two Little Lambs said...

I have a gift for you!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Very belated happy 2009 to you too!

You all had such a momentous and wonderful 2008, it was fun to follow all your milestones.

Hope you all are doing well...