Friday, February 8, 2008

I feel like I've discovered the motherload...

We are in the market for a new sofa and chair. I've been lusting over this one at Pottery Barn...

It's the Pearce Sofa in everyday suede that I want. However, yesterday as I was googling "who makes Pottery Barn furniture" this website popped up....Club Furniture. As I was looking over the site, I read how all their furniture is custom-made in N.C., sofas are made of kiln-hardwood, blah, blah, blah-which is the same thing Pottery Barn says about their sofas...well, then I discovered this sofa...Brooke Upholstered Sofa (their site won't let me post the picture). It's basically the SAME SOFA. And they have an everyday suede option, same kiln-hardwood, same down-wrapped cushions for a fraction of the price. For the same price of the Pottery Barn Sofa, we ordered a sofa and a chair and with shipping and taxes it was still $400 less than the sofa alone. They also have a 30 day in home guarantee that if you don't like it, then you send it back. They don't have a showroom so that's how they keep their prices down. Some of the sofas I saw were exactly like the ones I've seen on Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware and Crate and Barrel. I honestly feel like I've discovered the motherload!

8 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Awesome.

I have found PB furniture in other stores too. There was this one table that is $200 in PB that was also at Bed, Bath and Beyond (the same exact one) for $49. There was an article in the WSJ about how much PB marks up their items...especially PBKids stuff.

BTW, the sofa looks great. Great style as always, L.

Slacker Mama said...

Exciting stuff! When we eventually replace our living room furniture, I'll have to check it out.

I remember the Baby Bargains book listed the manufacturers of the PBK cribs since they were way cheaper than going through PBK.

justme said...

awesome !!
i got our bedroom furniture from NC, i simply found some i liked up here at thomasville and searched the net and found the same, for 2 grand LESS !!!

marathon mom said...

THat is how I got Will's furniture- from a guy who designs for PBK- same exact as the PBK set, just 60% less. We are looking for couches- I am off to check out that site!!! The kitchen table I picked is PB- maybe i can find it cheaper- I am inspired!!! And- I bought a PPB today (and tow other diaper bags yesterday)- I am in trouble!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

what a great find!

Buford Betty said...

Oh I'm so bookmarking those sites! Thanks!

JerseyBaby said...

Can't wait to see how you like it when it arrives! Sounds amazing!

The Mrs. said...

What a find! I want to see how you like it!