Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Official start to summer...

We had a great 4 day weekend. It was four days because Dan took Friday off to finish some painting. The downstairs is officially painted, thanks to him. It was quite nerve-racking watching him paint the 2 story foyer from a 2o ft extension ladder.

Anyway, we had 3 cook-outs in 3 days and it was a lot of fun. Saturday night a neighbor had us and some other neighbors over for chicken and steak fajitas with all of the fixin's-YUM! I LOVE anything Mexican, so this hit the spot.

We had a neighborhood block party on Sunday and that was fun too. Everyone brought a dish and a couple of neighbors pulled out their grills and we all hungout in the horseshoe area of our street. The kids had a great time on their bikes, scooters, big wheels, etc. Monday morning we packed the family and headed to the beach, along with everyone else-it was pretty crowded. I guess when you live in a tourist town, this is the beginning of 'high season'. The weather was great though and the kids were WORN out when we got home. They all slept for 3 hours! Last night we headed over to Dan's sisters for a cook out and that was fun too. It was a great Memorial Day and I enjoyed hanging out with friends and family. I hope everyone had a great one too! I did manage to squeeze in 3 runs on those 4 days-I did 5 miles on Friday, 8 on Saturday, 5 on Monday and 5 today...so I definitely made up for all that eating I did over the weekend-and believe me, it was ALOT!

6 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

Sounds like a great weekend! And good for you for fitting in your runs...I just fit in eating a ton this weekend!

Two Boo Boos said...

Sounds like you a blast! After about 20 mins of painting, the lil one ended up licking the paint brushes (after we saw you on Sat.) Hope you all had fun there! See you soon!

Live.Love.Eat said...

All that running is awesome, sure makes the eating even yummier without the guilt. I am only up to 2 miles without stopping. Any advice on how I can slowly increase, just push myself and do more each time?

Steel Magnolia said...

Stephanie-just set small goals for yourself...I do a lot of self-talking...for instance, "I'm going to run to that tree and then stop, or that sign and then stop..walk for a little bit, then start running again"...just do this until you don't have to stop anymore. It took me a while to build up to it. You can do it!!!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

You did great to fit in those runs. Sometimes around holidays when we have lots of events, I put off exercise and I know I shouldn't!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Thanks for the advice!!! The other day I did really well, went so much further than I thought I could. I knew I would have to stop any sec but told myself it had to mean something and there I saw a mailbox with my mom's bday on it. So, I let myself stop. Thank you!!!!